Sunday, November 25, 2012

Getting more restriction now

Had another fill yesterday, of 1.4ml, taking me to 6.4ml now. I was pleasantly surprised to discover, when I got to the clinic, that the lady who filled me last time wasn't there (see my last post for an explanation!). Instead, it was the senior nurse who has seen me on and off for the last four years, and I've every confidence in her. The fill went extremely smoothly and I've no had adverse side-effects like last time. Phew! I've been on fluids and very soft foods since so it's difficult to tell exactly how much restriction I've now got. However, I definitely feel more restriction than I did before, but I suspect I will need another fill or two before I'm at optimum. With Christmas, and a house-move coming up, I'll probably wait until the New Year before going for my next fill.

I will be pleased to get some more restriction though, because I've been really struggling to control my eating over the last few weeks and have steadily been gaining a few pounds. It's such a shame because after a long time of struggling I had actually begun to start making some real progress earlier this year.

For now, my plan is simply to try to re-gain all those good habits - eating slowly, eating crunchy, healthy foods, controlling portion size, eating with a small fork (yes, really), and keeping a food diary. I'll let you know how I get on!

3 comments:

  1. Theresa, hey you are back! brilliant. I so enjoyed your blog and did wonder where you went, was a bit worried. Sorry to hear you have struggled a bit, but you sound positive and clearly back in focus, so I have no doubt you will be losing big-time soon. I had terrible reflux about a year in, which was because I was tight (4 1/2 yrs since I was 23 stone! wow) and I went on pills from the doctor called lansaprosole and it cured it in 2 days - granted I am on them for life I think, but that is better than losing restriction. I finally hit target after having 1 stone cut off with a massive tummy tuck in May this year. Restiction is relaxed but still there, and so far I am maintaining (with a bit of effort) around 10 1/2 stone. Glad you are back, wishing you a very merry Christmas - Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing this. I am a hypnotherapist and the rise of gastric band hypntherapy for people does worry me. I can see from your blog that it is the right thing for you and I wish you every success on your journey.

    http://www.markpowlett.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Theresa!

    I recently came across your blog and have found it to be very interesting. There aren't too many blogs out there that document the experience of gastric band surgery!

    I was wondering if you would be interested in sharing your blog on Glipho? Glipho is a new social blogging network that aims to promote the writing of its users and help build their audiences. We are trying to establish a creative community at Glipho, and your blog is just what we are looking for.

    As your blog is powered by Blogger, you can simply import all your old posts to Glipho without affecting your existing blog at all. You can use your Glipho account to connect to any other major social network accounts you may own, so you can spread your blog as far as possible. We also use our own social media accounts to promote your content.

    If you're interested check out our website at http://glipho.com and have a look around. Please feel free to ask me any questions, and if you would like to receive an invite to set up an account!

    Have a great day,

    Teo



    Glipho Limited
    14 Suite 3 D
    Docklands Business Centre
    10-16 Tiller Road
    London E14 8PX


    (e): teo@glipho.com
    (w): www.glipho.com

    ReplyDelete