Wednesday, June 26, 2013

After 4.5 years it's finally working how it should!

Since my last post in November things have changed somewhat. We moved house in December, Christmas was upon us, and then I went on a field trip to Spain with a group of students. Although I'd eaten a fair bit over Christmas - who doesn't! - something happened on that field trip..... I just struggled to eat the food they provided. Granted, there was a lot of stodgy, high carb food (ideal for teenage boys on fieldwork, but not great for a bandit!), but do you know what, I could hardly be bothered to eat! I came back half a stone lighter after one week away, and the trend has continued ever since. Slowly, but steadily I have continued to lose weight without really trying. It's as though my brain has finally caught up with my body. I need to explain that don't I?! All my life my body has screamed out 'you're not hungry, you're full, you don't need to eat any more'. But my brain - I'm guessing the emotional bit - has argued back 'yes I do NEED this food'.

For the past six months I just haven't been that bothered about food, for the first time in my life. In fact, also for the first time in my life, I have experienced actually being hungry on quite a few occasions! I'm getting great restriction and there is no way I need another fill, my band is working just fine as it is. In fact, I think that for the first time in the 4.5 years that me and Mr Band have been awkward housemates, we are finally starting to get along.

I've more or less given up eating bread all together and I really struggle with stodgy stuff like rice, pasta and potatoes - unless it's either (a) quite late in the day, or (b) has lots of sauce or fatty stuff with it. I rarely eat anything solid before about 2pm (I have a protein shake for breakfast and often have soup for lunch). However, I find I can eat quite a bit in the evening.

My only real challenge now is to try to swap the odd biscuits and cakes for fruit or something a bit healthier. But I've decided not to beat myself up about it too much, after all, I'm losing weight slowly (about 31 pounds since Christmas) and not having to work too hard at it!

6 comments:

  1. Totally made up to read your post Teresa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the information about gastric banding treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow....your nice information ,I am very happy see your website and your good working in this. post but this web desing is so nice .thank you for the good sharing.
    Travesti

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are providing Temple tours to whole India like North India – Amarnath, Haridwar, Rishikesh, Vaishno Devi, Mathura, Vrindavan etc. East India – Jagannath Temple- Puri Odisha, Kamakhya Temple-Assam,City of Temples,Bhubaneswar. West India – Ambaji , Dwarka,& Somnath, South India – Trupati Bala Ji, Kanyakumari, Rameshwaram etc.
    Indian Temple Tours

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice info. Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi my band was fitted 2 yrs ago and I'm struggling with food I can keep down. Good days n bad days. I can eat chocolate and biscuits which are not good choices but when it comes to chicken no can do! Not good with rice pasta salad eggs can anyone suggest anything otherwise I'll end up on shakes all day!

    ReplyDelete