Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A funny ol' day

Yeah, it's been a funny old day. I've gradually developed a splitting headache and have variously been starving and stuffed. I've also had a slime episode and binged on chocolate! I discovered that it 'that time of month' which probably explains the headache, odd cravings and weird stomach feelings. I put the slime episode down to the fact that I was working at my computer while eating my lunch - a recipe for getting distracted and eating too much or too fast - or both.

Anyway, I'm home now, and feeling rather full after munching my way through several Kitkats on the way home. It wasn't helped by the fact that there was some sort of special offer on, and when I went to pay for my one Kitkat and bag of Maltesers, the guy behind the counter gave me another free Kitkat! I almost gave it away to a complete stranger as I left the garage forecourt - but I simply couldn't do it - so I ate it instead.

I think I'll just put today down to an odd one and not worry too much about it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Theresa - I have to say you are an inspiration to me. I was banded on 7-15-09 after much thought and research. I love your blog and the eloquent honest way you share your life. My question for you has to do with food. I am very interested in any vegetarian recipes you would like to share. I am not a vegetarian but feel like I am missing a variety of veggies now that I cannot eat much. Any recipes, tips, etc. would be great. You can email me at m_laveau@hotmail.com. Thanks again for your wonderful words of wisdom and inspiration to all us bandsters out here!!! :-) Michelle Laveau, Grand Forks, North Dakota, USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle,

    Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog - it's great to know that people read it and get something helpful from it. I'm not sure how I can help you much with recipes because I'm not really much of a cook! My husband is a carnivore and I generally cook for both of us. That means my vegetarian meals are like his meals (i.e. meat, potatoes and two veg), except his meat is replaced with either fish (which I eat) or quorn, tofu or some sort of ready-made veggie bake/burger/sausage.

    The only thing that I 'cook' occasionally is a sort of veggie stir-fry (except I steam in the microwave rather than frying) - I usually throw in a range of vegetables - a selection from spinach, courgettes, butternut squash, red onion, mushrooms, green beans - or whatever is in the fridge! and have with pasta or boiled wholewheat rice or couscous. I would normally also add some flavoured tofu (olive or basil are my favourites) or quorn pieces or prawns. I also add loads of black pepper and a little soy sauce.

    Sorry I can't offer you more creative recipes but I'm not very imaginative when it comes to cooking! I did buy a gastric surgery cook book which has some good recipes in - though they are very light on carbs and rich in proteins. It's called 'Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery' and it's available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eating-Well-After-Weight-Surgery/dp/1569244537

    All the best with your continuing band journey Michelle,

    Trees x

    ReplyDelete