Friday, November 13, 2009

Some reassurance

As far as my healthy eating goes, I've had a fairly wretched few weeks. Just in the last week I've had about three or four fairly serious chocolate binges. HOWEVER, for any new or inexperienced bandits out there I can offer you some great reassurance. Despite my poor eating habits of late, largely down to work-related stress, I haven't gained an ounce!! I haven't even been doing much exercise at all but gave managed to keep my weight stable. I think it's partly because the band has controlled my portion sizes (apart from the chocolate!), and partly because I suspect my metabolism has speeded up with the muscle I've added over the last few months.

This is all very reassuring to me because it suggests that the long term outcome if my band will be favourable even if I'm not as 'good' as I should be. It has also really emphasised to me just how effective my band us when I make good food choices. I'm glad things are stable at the moment because my bandiversary is coming up in two days.....!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Theresa!! OMG, you have lost a ton of weight & almost at your goal already! I have been following your blog, but this is the first time I have actually commented to you. I am getting my band next week on the 19th, so I can only hope that I do half as well as you have in so short a time!! You are my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debi,

    Well not quite a ton - but I know what you mean!!! Numerically speaking, you're right, I'm not so far from my goal. But I have realised that in time terms, I'm probably just a little over half way. Still, as time goes on, you realise that this really is a lifetime committment and not a quick fix.

    Thanks for your comment - only a few days now before you join the bandits club! I wish you all the best for your surgery and onwards. Do make sure you get plenty of support. I can highly recommend the UKGastricBand.co.uk forums.

    Hero? Aw shucks! [goes red in the face].

    ReplyDelete