Saturday, November 14, 2009

Putting things into perspective

I'm feeling positive today! I've been making healthy food choices for a few days and am experiencing good restriction. In fact I had a bit of a shock yesterday - it just struck me that this restriction, chewing, eating slowly and eating small meals is with me for life!!!! It's so easy to think in terms if the short run - focussing on a target weight, where I want to be next week, next month, six months time etc. But I had a realisation yesterday that actually, the band and all the habits and paraphernalia that come with it will feature with me for the rest of my life. It puts things into perspective when I have a few bad days - or even a bad month or two!

Today I ate a slice of cheesy beans on toast for breakfast and was really full afterwards. For lunch I ate half a pot of Innocent veggie curry. It was packed with veggies and low in fat. Lovely, but again, left me feeling really full. This evening, I prepared a fishcake, rice, green beans and courgettes. I got half way through it and had to put the rest aside for a couple of hours! I'm going to tuck into the rest right now! It's this kind of thing that makes me feel so optimistic about the future.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a good amount of restriction going on! And yes, it is something that we will all have to come to terms with, that this band is ours for life!! So we better get used to it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again Debi,

    Only a few more days for you - hope the pre-op diet is going well.

    Yes, it has taken me a long while to realise it, but I think I have optimum restriction. I'm not anywhere near as tight as some people - and that calls for a little more self control on my part - but on the other hand I can eat anything I like (including bread), I can eat out and I can lead a pretty normal life.

    All the best, Trees x

    ReplyDelete