Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Many meetings in Manchester

Hello again! It's been nearly a week since I last posted - the longest it's ever been apart from when I've been on holiday. I've been working very long hours this past week and just too tired to post. I had a very interesting weekend. On Saturday, I travelled into Manchester for a meet-up with others I've 'met' through the UKGastricBand forum. It's been arranged for months and I'd been looking forward to it. Anyway, I arrived at the agreed location, but due to a series of unfortunate misunderstandings, some on my part, I didn't find the group! I was really gutted and decided to drown my sorrows in a pizza lunch! I ordered a really small, thin based veggie pizza and struggled to eat it all. In fact, I'd had enough by the time I got half way through - but I still have a 'fat' brain so pressed on till the end! I went to work for a few hours and then headed home to work some more!

As well as meeting the guys I've been chatting with online for so long, I was really looking forward to eating with some other bandits! I know it might sound daft, but I've never sat down and eaten with someone else who has a band. I'd love to just see some other bandits eat - how much, how quickly, what etc. Still, it was not to be - maybe another time.

On Sunday I headed back into Manchester for the regular Healthier Weight support group. I don't find the presentations as useful as I once did because I've heard them all before. But it's still good reinforcement. However, I really value the opportunity to discuss progress, problems, concerns and successes with other bandits. It's equally great to see long term bandits looking positively skinny, as it is being able to offer advice and encouragement to newbies. There is strong evidence that bandits who maintain contact with a support network gave more success than those who don't. So, come rain or shine, it is my intention to keep going fir the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment