Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Breakfast choices

For ages now, I've been having cereal for breakfast. Mostly I have All Bran or a mixture of All Bran and fruit-rich muesli, and sometimes I have Oatso Simple porridge. However, on and off over the past few weeks, I've been having bread in some form. Sometimes a piece of toast, sometimes plain wholemeal bread with marmalade on. I must confess that I actually prefer the bread or toast to cereal. However, I suppose I think I should have cereal at least some of the time because (a) it means I get more milk, and therefore, more calcium, and (b) because the All Bran helps my digestion! On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that bread makes me feel fuller for longer - after all, cereal is very runny and probably goes straight through my band.

It just makes me think - it's been over 10 months since being banded and yet I'm still discovering what appear to be the basics of working with the band! I'm still trying out different things for lunch and evening meal and I've started compiling a list of meals that fill me up. Maybe I'm just a slow learner?!

No comments:

Post a Comment