Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Very tight this morning

Odd this band isn't it? I really struggled to drink a cup of tea this morning and then an hour later only got half way through my usual bowl of Oatso Simple porridge. I ate a very light lunch with some white fish and veg and potatoes left over from yesterdays' evening meal and was stuffed after a small portion. Now I know that this is how many bandits start their day, but it doesn't usually hapen this way for me. I'd be delighted if it stayed like this but I fear that within an hour or two I'll be back to my normal self and eating moderate portions again.

I've heard that stress can lead to tightening of the band, also mentrual periods, de-hydration and various other things. And I am a little stressed - but I have been for weeks and nothing about my band has changed before now. I can't really think of any obvious reason why it should have suddently tightened up like that but I guess I will just make the most of it and hopefully lose a pound or two in the process!!

4 comments:

  1. hi Theresa my name is laura i just red your blog and its really interesting i am 22 and i have bin waiting 7 months already. I went to the dietition on monday and she said she is going to refer me but i just hope i get it done cause this is my last resort. Alot of people is trying to put me of cause they said i can do it on my own, but if could of done on my own i would have lost weight I know its not easy but i go to a support group and talk to people and it does help because i know alot about it if you could reply to me on email laurakthompson@hotmail.co.uk thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've emailed you Laura. This reply is for public consumption!

    Glad you like the blog and I hope it's helpful. Before I got banded it seemed like a huge deal, undergoing surgery etc - but after I had it I wondered what all the fuss was about. People who don't have a weight probem will probably never really understand. Go with your heart. This band works - it's not always an easy ride and it takes a lot of effort on our part - but it does work.

    All the best, Trees x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Theresa,
    This always happens to me in the morning and afternoon I can barely drink water or even eat a chocolate if I wanted :) by evening the band almost always gets a little bigger for a soup, drinks etc. Your blog is great! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi anonymous,

    Hope you don't mind me saying but it sounds to me as though your band is too tight. The band works by keeping you feeling full after eating solid foods. Drinks and soup just go straight through the band so can't keep you feeling full. If you can't eat more solid foods then you're also probably not getting the essential vitamins and other nutrition that your body needs. Can you contact your provider for advice?

    All the best, Trees, x

    ReplyDelete