Saturday, October 17, 2009

Burning calories

We went for a lovely walk on the western edge of the Pennines today - to a place called Winter Hill. It's basically where there is a telecommunications mast (about 200m high) on top of a hill. The mast provides all the digital network for this part of the north-west. Not so far away is Rivington Pike - part of the Victorian terraced gardens complex of Rivington House. We also walked over to 'The Tower' on top of Rivington Pike - pictured.

My other half and I went with my sister-in-law who is up from the south and staying for a few days. It's been a really lovely day, cool but bright and sunny, and we had lovely views across towards Bolton (including the Reebok stadium) and Wigan. I particularly enjoyed the walk because it is the first time I have got out and had a 'proper' walk for at least three weeks - which is about as long as I have gone since the early days of my band journey. We walked about 12,000 steps which will have burned upwards of 600 calories. So for the first time in a while, I am feeling quite saintly!!
As I suggested yesterday, I am really beginning to believe that I have turned a corner and starting to put the bad days behind me and re-focus on the prize. If I get back into my good habits there is a real chance I could be 'normal' by Christmas (BMI-wise) - now that is a very powerful incentive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment