Sunday, June 21, 2009

Band adjustment number eight

I went to the Healthier Weight clinic in Manchester today for my eighth band adjustment. I had 0.3ml put in. This takes me back to 7.5ml - where I was a full four months ago! Oddly enough, when I was there the first time round it was far too tight. That began two cycles of saline out, saline back in, back out again and back in again!! I truly believe (and hope!) that I have the right amount of fill this time. Clearly 7.7ml was too much - but 7.3ml was not enough. Hopefully, at 7.5ml I am now at that ideal, in-between point.

Here's a reminder of my fill history so far:

Surgery 15th november 2008
1. Fill no. 1 - 19th january 2009 (5ml: total = 5.0ml)
2. Fill no. 2 - 15th February (1.5ml: total = 6.5ml)
3. Fill no. 3 - 26th February (1ml: total = 7.5ml)
4. De-fill no. 1 - 4th March 0.5ml: total = 7.0ml)
5. Fill no. 4 - 22nd March (0.3ml: total = 7.3ml)
6. Fill no. 5 - 7th May (0.4ml: total = 7.7ml)
7. De-fill no. 2 - 28th May (0.5ml: total = 7.2ml)
8. Fill no. 6 - 21st June (0.3ml: total = 7.5ml)

When I left the clinic I told the nurse that, in the nicest possible way, I hoped I wouldn't see her again for some time!! Since getting home I have drunk a 0.5l bottle of Ribena and some sieved mushroom soup. So far these have gone down well an without any problems. I'll keep you informed as I progress onto pureed foods later in the week.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Teresa
    I do hope 'this is it!' for you hon.
    La xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi La,

    Me too! I'll let you all know how it goes.

    Thanks for posting,
    Trees

    ReplyDelete