Saturday, June 27, 2009

I'm disappearing!

Well not exactly disappearing, but my weight is falling off at the moment. Only six days ago I weighed 13 stone 6.4 pounds. This morning I weighed in at 13 stone 1.8 pounds! I keep a daily record of calories in and calories out - so I know from my calculations that I should ony have lost two pounds in the last week - not four and-a-half! So why this sudden drop? Well, in the previous three weeks I lost nothing. The first two of those weeks I lost nothing because I ate too much (simple eh?!). However, the week before last, I ate quite sensibly and got lots of exercise. Despite that, I didn't lose an ounce last week - possibly related to the fact that I had my period? So, I figure that this week, two of the pounds I have lost are delayed losses from the previous week - after everything has 'settled down' so to speak. It's only a theory, but it might explain why I suddenly seem to be disappearing!

One of the potential side benefits of this apparently rapid loss, is that I might just reach a target I set myself several months ago. I worked out that if I lost weight consistently and there were no hiccups along the way, I just might get below 13 stone by 3rd July. I picked that date because it's the start of a period of holiday leave from work. To reach that goal I would have to lose 1.9 pounds this coming week - doable, I think. That would get me to 12 stone 13.9 pounds - the first time I would have been at that weight for at least 20 years!! I don't know whether I will make it - it's a tough call - my weight loss might slow down after this week's rapid loss. But I will keep my fingers crossed and let you know how I get on - as always!

3 comments:

  1. 95lbs lost! Amazingly well done Teresa.
    I've been following your blog for quite a while now. I'm banded and getting my 1st fill July 8th. can't wait. I seem to be in constant 'binge mode' Absolutely no portion control. I wish I had a smidge of your will power. Keep up the excellent work hon
    la xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teresa
    This is a bit cheeky..
    Are you able to get on the ukgastricband site?
    I can't get on there and I needmy 'fix'!

    La xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi La,

    Thanks for your kind comments. It's a shame we need any willpower now we've got a band - but nothing is perfect in life!!

    UKGastricBand.co.uk has been 'down' for a couple of days - no idea what the problem is. I need my daily 'fix' too!!

    All the best with your first fill on July 8th - it's nothing to worry about - if you're having it done by x-ray it's actually quite interesting!!

    Be careful out there!
    Trees

    ReplyDelete