Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Strange hybrid food

I was supposed to be on fluids still today, moving onto mush this evening. However, with all being fine with my post-fill eating, I jumped the gun a bit and went onto mush yesterday. I had some scrambled egg, baked beans and mashed potato. Today I have had a strange mixture of food and I've no idea if I have had a 'balanced' diet or not! The day started with a protein-rich strawberry shake, and a glass of orange juice. I got hungry quite soon after so had a low fat creamed rice. For lunch I ate a Weight To Go smoked haddock and potato meal - all very soft but it stank the office out!! By late afternoon I was hungry again and had a Weight Watchers soup to keep me going. However, within an hour I was starving again and succumbed to a bar of Dairy Milk chocolate on the way home! For evening meal I had some Tesco vegetarian cottage pie - I've had this before and it's delicious. I had some very soft-cooked marrow with it too. Later in the evening I ate a Muller Light yoghurt and some strawberries picked from the garden. In total today, I have consumed about 1200 calories - not too bad considering that includes the Dairy Milk. However, I'm going to bed very soon otherwise I will start snacking some more - I'm still hungry (or is that head hunger? how do you tell the difference?).

I seem to have got into a habit of eating around 1200 calories a day these days. It means the weight comes off a little more slowly but I simply can't manage less than that. I'm trying to get as much exercise as I can to counteract the extra calories but that's not always easy to fit into a busy working day either. It's far too early to say whether this latest fill has done the trick. However, I am ever so slightly concerned that I seem to be able to eat all kinds of soft food without any problems whatsoever. Everything goes down easily, and relatively quickly. I've not had any hint of pain, and have ony experiened very minor 'fullness' (yesterday after eating WW ocean pie). As I say, it's too early to say how it's going to go yet - but I am still keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment