Monday, June 22, 2009

Conference conundrum

I was out all day at a conference today, which normally would see me looking forward to some posh grub for lunch. But not this time since I am on fluids after yesterday's fill. The last occasion I was at a conference was in March this year - and I was also on fluids then after a fill. On that occasion I took a strawberry shake and some cold vegetable soup with me. I recall the shake being OK, but trying to drink cold soup was no pleasant and I left most of it. So, last night I gave some thought as to what I could take with me to eat at today's conference. My better half came up with the brilliant idea of taking some hot soup in a flask (I know it seems obvious to you but I didn't think of that last time!!). I also took a shake, with yoghurt, banana and apple blended in, and a Weight Watchers yoghurt. So while everyone else sat down to a lovely buffet with masses of fresh fruit and cream cakes for dessert- I ate a bowl of luke warm soup, some shake and a yoghurt! Oh, I suppose it wasn't so bad!

Here's a funny thing. At the conference I went to in March, I met a lady called Margaret who I am actually working on a project with. Up to that point we had communicated by telephone and email but I had never met her. I had to explain, on that occasion, that I'd had a 'minor hospital procedure' (referring to my fill) and that I was on liquids only for a few days. At today's conference, Margaret was there again - and again I had to explain I'd had a 'minor hospital procedure' and was on liquids only! I mentioned to her that I'd only met her twice and both times I was on liquids - I explained that I usually ate 'normal' foods! I almost told her about my band at one point because I think she thought I had some grave illness that kept necessitating these strange eating habits. But I decided against it and simply tried to reassure her that it was nothing serious.

Everything I have eaten so far has gone down fine without any problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment