Sunday, July 26, 2009

A body like my mum's

My new body is starting to take shape. I have noticed two similarities I share with my mum. She passed away in 1996 but one of my residing memories of her is that she was always on a diet. She was never more than a few pounds overweight but very frequently she would go on another diet to lose half a stone or so. Even a few pounds would make a noticeable difference to her physical appearance. And the thing was, that she always lost weight around her neck, shoulders and upper chest. Her waist was also quite small. The place where she always wanted to lose weight - around her thighs - was always the last place the weight came off.

What I have noticed is that my body seems to be going the same way as hers. If I look at myself in the mirror just from my upper chest upwards, I look quite slim now. However, I bought some new jeans the other day and found that my lower half is a bit weird! I say that because a size 16 fits me round the waist (which has shrunk quite noticeably), but is too tight round my upper legs. A size 18, on the other hand (which is what I ended up buying), fits me round my legs but is too loose round the waist. I decided my only option was to buy the bigger ones and put a few stitches in around the waist. I suppose I could wear a belt but I've never found them very comfortable.

I also bought a new bra and underwear and found I'd dropped a size in both of those too! I don't think it will too long now before I can fit into a 'normal' 36C!

Anyway mum, looks like I'll be following in your footsteps. I guess I'll always have some loose skin on my arms and inner thighs but as long as I get down to a normal body size at some point, I'll be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment