Monday, July 6, 2009

Naughty but nice!

We went out for a celebratory meal on Saturday night. Once I'd seen the dessert menu I made up my mind I was going to have chocolate fondant (a chocolate sauce-filled chocolate sponge) for pud - come what may! I chose a spicy fishcake for starter. It came with some sweet chilli sauce and a little salad - and was delicious. For main course I chose a goat's cheese pasta dish. This was offered in either 'starter' or 'main' size - and I asked for the small version. It was still quite big though, and I could only manage a little over half of it. I probably could have managed a little more but I was conscious of trying to leave space for my pud!

The pud arrived, the chocolate covered in shiny sauce, just asking to be eaten! I did my best but only managed two thirds of it. A short while later I felt totally stuffed. For the rest of the evening I remained so. Part of me felt guilty, but the other part of me was just lapping up the pure pleasure of eating an absolutely delicious three-course meal!

Goodness only knows how many calories I consumed but I guess I'll have to just do some extra exercise this week......

3 comments:

  1. Hi Theresa,

    I've been doing some thinking about some features I would like to include in my own blog chronicling my LAP-BAND journey. I would like to link to other bloggers and post a bit about the content of their sites. I would like to write a post about your blog and include a link to it, with your permission. May I?

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Banded Girl,

    Hey it's great to hear you will be chronicling your own journey. Of course, feel free to post and link to this blog. Can you give me the link to yours - I'll add that to mine too - and we'll start to create a network of band blogs!!

    All the best, Trees

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Theresa! My blog is at http://bandedgirl.com. I think a network of band blogs is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete