Saturday, July 11, 2009

Out of control

Oh dear, I seem to be eating out of control again. I don't know what it is but I don't seem to be able to resist the urge to eat sweet, fatty, 'nice' things. I'm just hungry all the time - though I suspect a lot of it is head hunger rather than real hunger. What has happened to that goody two shoes who obeyed every rule and wrote everything down, ate everything off a small plate and generally got used to seeing the scales going down, down, down? She seems to have turned into this person who is intent on breaking every rule in the book, ignoring all the lessons learned from valuable experience and generally going bananas as far as food is concerned. I'm not entirely sure why this is happening. I could say it's partly down to insufficient restriction (still), it might be that 'time of month', it might simply be getting into bad habits because I've been doing a lot of eating out and sort-of holidaying lately. But a general malaise seems to have set in too.

We are off on our travels again today - heading up to Scotland for a week's walking - and there's no doubt I will get lots of exercise. If I was eating in a more controlled fashion, the calorie burning would inevitably mean good progress on my weight loss - but I am 'eating for England' at present so am staying static - even putting on a little weight. I can only hope that some time over the next few days my brain will sort itself out enough to get back on track and turn me into Miss goody two shoes again!

No comments:

Post a Comment