Thursday, July 30, 2009

I'm NOT a dustbin!

I recall reading in more than one place that overweight people commonly treat their bodies like a dustbin. One area where this is particularly noticeable is in the habit of clearing up food off of dinner plates, including other people's leftovers. Certainly my own consultant has said "don't treat your body like a dustbin" on more than one occasion, when advising people about trying to get into the habit of leaving food on the plate.

Well yesterday, I kept having 'head hunger' pangs and at one point I showed just how much of a dustbin I can occasionally treat my body. My sister was staying, and went to the kitchen cupboard to get out a packet of biscuits. She fumbled them a little as she lifted them out and dropped two biscuits on the kitchen floor. Being helpful, I bent down to clear them up. One of the biscuits had broken into lots of pieces so I scooped them up into my hand and dropped them into the bin. The other biscuit, however, had stayed in one piece...... so I picked it up and promptly popped it into my mouth!!

Afterwards I laughed at myself and the silliness of feeding myself with rubbish food - even food that had been on the floor! I suppose there are some habits that will take a while to get out of (eating rubbish food, not eating off the floor!).

No comments:

Post a Comment