Thursday, February 26, 2009

Fill number three

I travelled to the Healthier Weight clinic in Birmingham today for my third band adjustment ('fill'). I already had 6.5ml of saline in my band and a further 1ml was added, making a grand total of 7.5ml in a 10ml band. There's not much to report about the procedure itself - it's all over very quickly and is painless. Although I was able to eat solids for breakfast this morning, I have been on fluids since. I will have to stay on fluids for three days and then switch to purees for a further three days. So far I have had a couple of soups, a smoothie, a yoghurt and drinks. I've noticed that quite a lot of the time while eating/drinking I get a sensation in my upper oesophagus/throat that is a cross between acid reflux and indigestion. It's only mild but nevertheless not particularly pleasant. I have also noticed that it is worse with thin drinks like tea, water and Diet Coke (yes, I tried some but the fizz was too much!). Thicker soups and smoothies don't produce this sensation as much. I am not sure at this early stage what this all means. Is the band now too tight? Possibly, but it will be nearly a week before I eat any solids and find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment