Monday, February 9, 2009

Hungry

After having eaten fairly normally for a week while on holiday, I have now been back on my 1000 calories a day for less than two days - and I'm hungry! I'm also feeling a little despondent because I am sooooo desperate for my next fill (only six days to go). I've paid £8k for a band but I'm still having to do all the work. I signed up fto put in 70% of the effort - not 100%! I cannot wait to find my 'sweet spot' (when you have exactly the right amount of restriction), because then I will be able to relax a little; instead of counting calories and worrying over every little thing I eat, I think that I'll be able to simply rely much more on whether I'm feeling full or not.

But until then, as I say, I'm feeling a tad fed up. This might be partly down to the post-holiday blues, but anyhow, I've just eaten two squares of chocolate! Fortunately, they mark the end of a large bar that has been sitting in a cupboard for ages, so at least I won't be able to eat any more - because there isn't any! I am a little disappointed in myself for giving in so easily, but at the same time, I know the two little squares only amounted to about 70 calories - so not a disaster by any means. It does, however, reinforce my belief, that despite outward appearances, I am still (and perhaps will forever be) a foodaholic (or perhaps more correctly a chocaholic...?). So, just as an alcoholic can get 'off the drink', recover their health and get back to a normal life, so can a foody. But in the same way as the demon drink is always there as a temptation and potential downfall to a recovering alcoholic, so is the 'bad' food always there for the foody. I guess the fact that they always talk about 'recovering alcoholics' rather than ex-alcoholics' says it all. I guess I'll always be a confirmed foody.

WHICH IS WHY I NEED MY FILL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!

Right, I'm off to do some stepping to get rid of those two squares.......

No comments:

Post a Comment