Saturday, February 28, 2009

Indigestion, pain and tiredness

A couple of days on from my 3rd fill now, and things are worse, if anything. I am struggling to get anything down - even water, black tea etc. So, I am struggling to consume enough fluid and keep hydrated. Thicker liquids like soup definitely go down a bit easier. In addition to the indigestion-like feelings in my throat, today I have also been getting cramp-like tightness in my chest, in my back and in my lower stomach too! It's such an effort, and a pain - literally - to drink that it's getting me down. Yesterday by mid-evening I still only managed about 400 calories so I sucked a bar of Dairy Milk chocolate and got my calorie count up to 650. I have bought another bar today in case the same thing happens. I know I shouldn't really be eating chocolate but I am not alone in this. I remember reading about a lady who found she was struggling to eat after a fill, and the only things she was able to eat were chocolate and ice cream! I went a for a short walk with my hubby today and after about 20 minutes I was ready to quit - I just felt sooooo tired and lifeless and weak. I am sure this is because I'm just not eating enough at the moment. This was also brought home to me this morning when I weighed myself - I was two pounds less than yesterday and three pounds less than the day before! I know I bought into this to lose weight, but there are sensible ways to do it, and silly ways......

So, what goodies have I got planned for this evening? Well, I will be attempting to finish off the fish soup I made last night and once again attempting a yoghurt or fromage frais. I may also try a strawberry shake - however, I won't stick it in the blender, I'll just mix it by hand so it has fewer bubbles in - bubbles make the indigestion pain etc worse.

I must confess that when I was thinking about whether or not to have a gastric band, I read some horror stories about people vomiting, not being able to eat, getting 'iron fist' pain and so on - and I thought - I'll be careful and that won't happen to me.......Mmmmm, little did I know then......!

1 comment:

  1. just had my third fill too and the heart burn is horrendous, everything I try to eat stays there and burns, it sucks. Have you found anything that works to lessen it, I tried a small amount of gaviscon today but even then stuck around and made it worse.
    chrissy

    ReplyDelete