Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Planning to eat more

I've decided that I need to eat a little more. I've been getting hungry during the day, particularly mid to late afternoon. I'm eating about 900-950 calories a day at the moment but I'm actually allowed 1000-1200. So, I'm going to do two things:

1. Eat additional healthy snacks. Today, for instance, I ate an apple at about 4pm and after having a walk when I got home from work I ate a low fat fromage frais (about 6.15pm).

2. Eat a more filling lunch. Today, instead of my usual crispbreads with cottage cheese, tuna and salad, I ate the same as I had for dinner last night. Basically, my husband wrote out a reminder for me on a piece of card and stuck it on the kitchen wall. It says "prepare two dinners"! So, while cooking dinner last night, I prepared an extra portion of everything for today's lunch. This serves three purposes, (i) it provides a more protein-rich and filling lunch, (ii) it provides more variety for my lunch - I've been getting very bored with having the same thing every day, and (iii) it saves me having to prepare a completely separate lunch!

I think the other thing I need to do is be more disciplined about ensuring I drink enough fluid - I have found that I am more likely to get hungry if I'm thirsty.

Ultimately, I am hoping that my second fill on Sunday will do the trick and fill me up much more after my small meals. That way I won't have to worry about getting hungry at all!

Incidentally, I am two pounds lighter than I was when I got back from our skiing holiday on Saturday, which is great news. On the down side (I think), my knickers are getting too big!!!! I'm also having to do my bra up on the tighter setting (never used before!). I mentioned this to my husband yesterday and he said he was going to ask for a refund.....!!

No comments:

Post a Comment