Sunday, March 1, 2009

Some progress today

Things have faired a little better today, although it wasn't a good start. It took me about half an hour to sip through 200ml of hot lemon. This was accompanied by pains in the chest (about where my 'pouch' is). I followed this up with some orange juice which brought on a small episode of saliva-pouring (see yesterday's post). After that, I drank a strawberry shake and this went down fine! Since then things have got better and better. I ate some runny scambled egg for late breakfast - it was great to have some semi-solid food again! For lunch I ate mashed potato with gravy - lovely! This evening I managed a small plate of soft mashed broccoli, soft-cooked filled pasta, and cod in parsley sauce. It took me about 40 minutes to eat, slowly and carefully chewing each morsel. Apart from the odd twinge (I've had odd, mild pains around my abdomen), I had no problems eating all this pureed food, which is a really good sign that the band is beginning to settle down. I have also been quite full after eating each of my meals which is a good sign that the band is at last starting to do its job!

There seems to be a general consensus among more experienced bandits that when you get to the fill that is closest to your 'sweet spot', it takes up to two weeks to really settle down. Prior to that, indigestion and pain and saliva etc are fairly normal. I am now quite optimistic that I will be able to return to some form of 'solid' food in a couple of days from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment