Sunday, April 12, 2009

Breakfast disaster

I thought I'd try a slight variation on my breakfast this morning - and it was an unmitigated disaster!!! I thought that if I used yoghurt on my All-Bran instead of milk, it would be more filling, less of a slider food, and stop me from feeling hungry so soon after. So, I put the All-Bran in the bowl, topped it with a low fat yoghurt, and then added some fresh, chopped strawberries on top instead of my usual dried berries. Well, it looked nice......

Unfortunately, ever since I was forced to eat thick, stodgy porridge on a 4-week camping trip to Iceland once, my body has rejected stodgy foods. It does this by heaving and retching - so it's a warning sign that's unmistakable! Well, I got about three spoonfuls of my 'nice' breakfast down and then my body started telling me that it didn't like it..... I started heaving and before long I couldn't even face eating a strawberry! So, I ended up putting it all in the bin. I suppose the 'up' side to this was that I ate very little for breakfast and didn't feel hungry for some hours after - I suppose that means I inadvertently achieved what I set out to achieve when I started this new breakfast thing!

Later in the morning I happened to be in Marks and Spencer and bought myself one of their lovely fresh fruit snacks, mmmm! Ah well, you live and learn. Tomorrow morning? It's All-Bran with MILK and dried berries - as per usual!!

No comments:

Post a Comment