Thursday, April 9, 2009

Today's eating and activity

I thought it might be helpful to relate what I ate today - a typical working day (calories in brackets).

Breakfast: All Bran (40g) with soya milk and dried berries, 100ml orange juice (245).

Lunch: Salmon (100g), potatoes (100g), spinach and green beans (as per last night's dinner) (271).

Afternoon snack: Ribena, small banana and low fat fromage frais and a few mints (175).

Dinner: Wholewheat pasta (25g), cod in parsley sauce (boil-in-the-bag), butternut squash and leeks (241).

Dessert: Handful of red grapes and low fat fromage frais (125).

Total calories = 1057

Oddly enough, I was hungry for much of the day, until I ate the grapes and fromage frais this evening - which really filled me up!

I didn't do much walking at work today but did some stepping when I got home. Here's my total calories burnt and calorie 'savings' for the day:

Calories in = 1057
Calories burned = 690
Balance = 367
Total steps = 11,500
Basal metabolic rate = 1660
Calorie savings = 1660 - 367 = 1293

This is equivalent to about one third of a pound, so if I 'saved' this many calories every day I would lose about 2.5 pounds a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment