Friday, April 24, 2009

Struggling with healthy eating

Over the past three days I have been really struggling to eat healthy food. Partly, this is because despite eating good food at breakfast and lunch, I keep getting hungry. Once I'm hungry - that's it - I seem to succumb immediately to poor food choices. I've eaten a fair bit of chocolate and peanuts, and today ate a prawn mushroom curry take-away. I am so glad that I have another fill booked on 7th May - I cannot wait. It amuses me now that only a week or two ago I was debating whether I needed that fill or not. Now I know, absolutely 100%, that I need that fill - more than anything. I am certain now, that although I have glimpsed restriction from time to time (and when I have done so, it has been great), I do not have anything like the right amount of restriction yet - I have not reached my 'sweet spot'.

On Monday next week I am going away, to Scotland, for a weeks work. I will be staying in an outdoor centre where all of my meals will be provided for me. I have stayed at this centre several times before and the food quality and volume is very variable. Some days they serve up a large volume of basic food and other days the portion sizes would even leave most bandits going hungry! So, I have no real idea how I am going to fare at all next week. As far as possible I will just have to grin and bear it and do the best I an under the circumstances. I will be getting out and about quite a bit and getting plenty of exercise, so even if the food's not great, I will at least be burning off lots of calories.

Once I return, on Saturday 2nd May, I will only have five days to wait before heading off to Birmingham for my fifth fill. I really cannot wait. As I said, I have had glimpses of real restriction from time to time over the last few weeks and I just wish I felt like that all the time! On those occasions, I couldn't eat all of my meals and felt really satisfied in between meals. I only ate about 900 calories on those days and was losing weight at a good rate. Since then my weight loss has more or less come to a halt and it's very frustrating.

Here's hoping for some better success in May!

No comments:

Post a Comment