Sunday, April 26, 2009

More on meal ideas

I was looking through the list of meal ideas (see yesterday's post) and observed that most of the meals people suggested are smaller than mine!! Take a typical lunch, for example - I commonly have crispbreads (two), Philadelphia or cottage cheese AND tuna, AND a decent sized portion of mixed salad. Now compare that with some of the other lunches suggested - half a jacket potato, the chicken fillet (only) out of a McD, two yoghurts, Slimfast shake and yoghurt, a small bowl of soup..... The same is true for evening meals - mine seem to be bigger than other people's. Having said that, on a 'good' day, despite my relatively large meals, I am able to keep the calorie count down to about 1000/day. This is partly because I choose my food carefully and include things that are low in calories. I also exclude high calorie items such as butter (I only ever use Flora Light and even that is rare), oil, cheese, milk etc. I also have the advantage that I gave up using sugar and milk in my tea and coffee years ago - I have them both black so there are no extra calories there. I noted that one person allowed about 20 calories a day just for tea and coffee. I'm also a fish-eating vegetarian so don't have to worry about eating meat - and fish is generally lower in calories than meat.

Nevertheless, I am intruiged by the fact that my meals seem to be bigger in size than other people's. I can only assume that this is confirmation of the fact that I need another fill. Since my last one, about six weeks ago, I have noticed a definite trend: Immediately after that fill I was hungry a lot and struggled, but after a couple of weeks I was experiencing real restriction for the very first time. That lasted 'on and off' for about two weeks, and then the last two weeks I have just been struggling all the time with hunger - even only a short time after eating a meal.

I did think that I would try some of the meals suggested, but I think I am going to have to wait until after my fill as I know with many of them, I'd just be ravenous within minutes. I just take my hat off to the people who are eating these meals and doing really well with their band. I hope to join you soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment