Thursday, April 23, 2009

Playing hide n' seek with a baguette

You may recall that I posted a few days ago about environmental control. After a support group meeting where we discussed this, I raised the topic with my other half when I got home. In particular, I raised the topic of the fresh, white, crusty baguettes that frequently he buys from Tesco. I cannot resist them! They are so lovely, and every time he buys one I simply have to eat a large chunk of it.......

Anyway, today I got home from work feeling hungry and automatically looked in the bread bin - hopeful that I might find a chunk of baguette to munch on. Alas, there was nothing to be found, so I did what I should always do when I feel hungry, I poured myself a glass of water! A little later I looked in the fridge searching for inspiration on what to cook for dinner tonight. I couldn't help noticing a Tesco bag in the bottom of the fridge that wasn't there yesterday. It turned out to be some new sausages and pork steaks. I asked him "have you been to Tesco?". He said that he had. "How come you didn't buy any baguette then?", I asked. I spotted a flicker of a smile cross his face and immediately knew that he had, in fact, bought a baguette. "You've hidden it?" I questioned, and he confirmed that that was indeed the case!

Well, he's a quicker learner than I anticipated!! All this hide n' seek business makes me feel a bit like a naughty child having their sweets hidden from them, but it did actually work - I didn't attempt to search for the hidden loaf and the thought of baguette for snack was fairly quickly erased from my mind.

Having said that, the thing is more than two foot long - where on earth has he hidden it......?

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. I read your blog every day and it is an inspiration. I was banded on 17th Jan have have lost two stone. Your blog makes me laugh, cry and always hits the nail on my emotions. Todays has really made me laugh.

    Thanks for all your help.

    Pip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pip for your kind comments - it's really lovely to know that there is someone out there reading my musings! It's also comforting to know that we all share in the same ups and downs that come with the band. You have done incredibly well losing so much in a short time - congratulations!

    Trees

    ReplyDelete