Monday, May 25, 2009

Aww shucks!!

I don't know whether everyone's feeling bright cos it's summer or what, but I have had so many lovely compliments about my 'new look' in the past few days! I bumped into a lady at work this morning who I haven't seen for a few months and it is no exaggeration to say that she was beside herself with amazement and confusion about my new size. She said she had seen me a few days ago and wasn't sure if it was me, so didn't say hello! She cannot believe how much weight I have lost and how wonderful I look!!!

Then, just now I bumped into another colleague who I have seen a few times recently, but only from a distance - and she commented that I was disappearing before her eyes! A male colleague also made some passing comment along the lines of "what's left of you" and people who I hardly know have just said how 'well' I look!!!

I must confess that I don't really know how to respond to these kind comments from people. On the one hand, I try to avoid getting into too much discussion about how I have lost the weight because I have only told one work colleague about my band. But on the other hand, I am just not used to getting such kind praise from people for the way I look. I've always had praise for the quality of my work or for doing things well, but never how I look - so I don't really know what to say.

I'm also wondering why there's been such a plethora of comments very recently - I have been continuing to lose weight slowly but steadily but it's not as though there's been any major change suddenly. I guess that my body shape is continuing to change and every now and then, without me realising (since I don't actually see my body most of the time!), some visual threshold is passed that other people notice.

Anyway, despite the fact that I feel a little awkward when people compliment me, and despite the fact that these compliments, in a strange sort of way, add a little more pressure on me to keep up the good work, keep 'em coming - it's lovely!!! Aww shucks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment