Saturday, May 16, 2009

New bra!

Inspired by a post on the UKGastricBand forum, I am reminded that I purchased two new bras last weekend. My old bras have been steadily getting bigger and bigger (well actually, I have been getting smaller and smaller - but you know what I mean) but since they are so expensive and such a faff to buy, I have been holding on as long as I could before replacing them. A couple of weeks ago I went to the first session of a pilates course. When I laid down on the floor to do one of the exercises I wondered where my boobs had disappeared to - in fact they were hanging down my sides!! That's how much support my bra was (or wasn't) providing! Ha ha!

Anyway, I decided enough was enough and marched myself off to Marks and Spencer to get measured up. My old bras were size 44E. My new size? Wait for it....... 38DD!! I couldn't believe it - in fact I asked the lady if she was sure she had done it right! No wonder my boobs have been hanging all over the shop in my old bras - even the lady in M+S commented that my bra wasn't giving me any support at all. Obviously when you are a young girl growing up, you pass through all the sizes before getting to your adult size - my adult size was always 38!! I cannot believe that my chest measurement is now basically as small as it ever was as an adult!

Armed with a pocket full of money (to any blokes reading this - bras really are expensive!!) I set about selecting a couple of new 'uns. Sitting here typing this now, with one of them on of course, I have to say it really feels comfortable and is giving me heaps of support. I also seem to have more 'shape' to my upper body than previously, with bits poking in and out in the right places if you see what I mean! M+S have a special deal on at the moment offering 25% of all bras - apparently this is meant to be some sort of recompense for their now discarded policy of charging more for bigger sizes - they have apologised about that!! See: http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009/may/08/marks-and-spencer-bras-facebook

So ladies, don't delay, get yourselves down to M+S (I'm not on a commission, honest!) and get some support!

No comments:

Post a Comment