Thursday, May 14, 2009

Fun ways to burn calories....

Good news people! Calorie-burning activities don't have to be limited to dull, repetitive exercise such as walking, jogging, swimming etc - you can also burn calories during SEX!! I've been curious about this ever since I found a web site that listed calories burned during a really wide range of activities. It included activities such as car maintenance and painting and decorating alongside running, walking and other more conventional exercise activities, but didn't include sex. I was a little hesitant to go searching on the Internet for information in case my search took me to web sites that I didn't want to see - if you see what I mean! But tonight I took the plunge - and it seems that lots of other people have also been curious about the question "How many calories burned during sex?". I found several web sites with information, some rather dubious......, but this one:

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

....lists sexual intercourse among one of many other activities. It has a facility whereby you can insert your weight in pounds, and then type in the number of minutes the activity took place over. You then click on 'calculate' and it tells you how many calories you've burned. A 20-minute sexual encounter for someone my weight burns 125 calories - more than half a KitKat!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment