Friday, May 8, 2009

Sixth band adjustment

Yesterday I travelled to Birmingham to get my sixth band adjustment - and fifth fill (my fourth adjustment was an aspiration). The history of my band adjustments so far is:

Fill 19th January - 5ml
Fill 15th February - 1.5ml
Fill 26th February - 1ml
De-fill 4th March - 0.5ml
Fill 22nd March - 0.3ml
Fill 7th May - 0.4ml

So I now have a total fill in 10ml band of 7.7ml.

Obviously I am now on fluids for three days and then mush for three days so it will be a while before I know how much difference this latest fill makes. However, what I am confident about is that when I drank water afterwards - it went down fine! This fill has taken me to 0.2ml MORE than I had when I had to have the aspiration - I wasn't able to drink water easily on that occasion. This demonstrates that the band really does have a mind of its own! I asked the nurse whether the weight loss I have achieved in the interim could cause the band to get looser - but she said no. It's possible that the solution in the band moves around somewhat and this could explain why 7.5ml two months ago was too much - but now it isn't (well, probably!!).

So far I've just had some soups and drinks so I will report back again on this in a few days to let you know of progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment