Sunday, March 8, 2009

Back onto mush

Well, it's been four days since I had a small aspiration and I have progressed from fluids back onto mush. In a couple more days I will back onto 'proper' food again and then I might be able to detect whether I have good restriction or not. It's actually quite hard to tell at the moment, partly because mushy foods are 'slider' foods and probably don't hang around in my 'pouch' very long, and partly because my cold and cough seem to have developed into some sort of bug that is now starting to affect my stomach. I feel a little nauseous as a result and cannot tell, when I eat, whether I am full, or just feeling bloated because of the bug!

I spent the required three days on fluids and experimented with some homemade soup again. I re-visited my favourite fish soup which went down a treat. I've also taken to chewing on Trebor soft mints which relieve the boredom and satisfy a peculiar longing to chew something! Yesterday I ate some Tesco vegetarian cottage pie which is lovely, and in the evening ate softly steamed salmon, soft-cooked filled pasta and over-cooked spinach. It was lovely though I didn't enjoy is as much as I might have done but for this bug. Today I managed some scrambled egg for breakfast which brought back memories of the last time I ate scrambled egg and it brought on some awful retching and saliva-pouring. That is all behind me now, thank goodness.

So, until I get rid of this bug, I won' realy know the status of my restriction. Until then, I will just continue to judge my food portions by the size of my seven inch side plate! The weight is still coming off, I'm 15 stone and 2 pounds now. I am hoping that in a week's time, I will venture into the 14's for the first time in decades.......

No comments:

Post a Comment