Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Things are going swimmingly

I'm off swimming this evening! I used to do loads of swimming and am a member of an adults club. It's only a small club with about 20 members and we meet for social reasons as much as for the exercise. However, I haven't been for about a year so am really out of shape. The good news is that after a rummage around in my wardrobe, I found a brand new swimming costume that I had never been able to fit into before - and now it fits like a glove! I am slightly concerned about my skin. The chlorine in the water always makes my skin dry (and my hair smell!) - but my skin has been particularly dry now for some weeks. I guess I will just have to shower the chlorine off as best I can (I'm sure they put chlorine in the shower water too!) and then rush home and slather myself in E45! The next thing I will do when I get home is to attempt to calculate what an hour of swimming is equivalent to in steps - I am sure I have the information somewhere and will post the results on the blog tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Theresa,
    I tumbled across your blog yesterday. My husband thought I had gone mad or found an internet husband because I read your entire blog last evening. I am a new bandit, March 2, 2009. Your blog was really enjoyable and informative. Thank you for sharing your experience with all of us.
    Peace,
    peascorps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peace,

    Thank you so much for your kind comments. It's great to know that people read my blog and get something from it. I am impressed that you read it all in one sitting - no wonder your husband thought you'd gone AWOL!

    All the best, Theresa

    ReplyDelete