Sunday, March 22, 2009

Band adjustment no. 5

I had my fifth band adjustment today. I had 0.3ml added, which makes me 0.2ml short of where I was when it was too tight. This is my band history so far:

Adjustment no. 1 - 19th January = 5.0ml added (weight 16 stone 6lbs)
Adjustment no. 2 - 15th February = 1.5ml added (weight 16 stone 0lbs)
Adjustment no. 3 - 26th February = 1.0ml added (weight 15 stone 8lbs)
Adjustment no. 4 - 4th March = 0.5ml taken out (weight 15 stone 3lbs)
Adjustment no. 5 - 22nd March = 0.3 added (weight 14 stone 12lbs)

With a bit of luck, this should be my last fill, although I understand that we often need to have a small top-up each year to allow for minor leakage. As always, the procedure was not at all painful, and the needle going in is hardly noticeable. Afterwards, I was able to drink a 200ml glass of water fairly quickly and without any problem. I have since drank a thick banana milkshake - also without any difficulty and no sign of pain, saliva or indigestion. Fingers crossed that this one will go well. I am hopeful that this will give me the perfect level of restriction - my 'sweet spot'.

No comments:

Post a Comment