Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Crossing my legs.....

A funny (peculiar) thing happened last night. I was watching something lighthearted on TV and chatting away to my other half. I turned around in my chair to explain something to him. However, I was twisted a little awkwardly in the chair so I crossed my legs - you know the sort of thing - I threw one leg over the top of the other. I was just about to continue with my explanation but a niggling feeling in the back of my head was teling me "something's different!" So, distracted by this thought, I stopped mid-sentence to figure it out. My other half noticed the change in my demeanour and asked what was wrong. I thought for a millisecond or two, and then it hit me - "I've crossed my legs!", I said. The bemused expression on his face hinted that he hadn't a bloody clue what I was on about, so I tried again, a little more forcefully this time; "I have just crossed my legs - look!". Still no reaction, so I had to spell it out. "I haven't been able to cross my legs in years 'cause my legs have always been too fat!!!"

I've noticed something else too over the last week or so - I can feel muscles in my arms. No, I haven't been lifting weights, in fact, I doubt my muscles have changed at all. It's just that there's much less fat covering them now so I can actually see them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment