Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Early days but......

After my ninth fill (0.2ml) on Sunday I was supposed to be on fluids for three days and mush for a further three days. However, I was too impatient to wait a full seven days to find out whether my latest fill has worked or not and started on mush a lot sooner. In fact I ate variious forms of mush and a cheese sandwich yesterday (i.e. just one day after my fill). Today I had mashed potato and cottage cheese for breakfast (yeah, I know - odd!), a cheese sandwich and soft cereal bar for lunch, and cottage pie and tinned tomatoes for tea. All of this has gone down without any problems at all. I know it's still early days - I still haven't eaten any really hard, solid food - but so far there is no indication that this latest fill has made any difference to my restriction level whatsoever!!

I'm a little disheartened by this. However, I will give it another day or two before I try some really hard, crunchy food. Hopefull this will make a difference but I am not optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment