Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A lovely dinner - I think?!

Today's been another odd day, hunger-wise. I've struggled most of the day with hunger and been snacking a lot - on healthy snacks. I even split my breakfast into two to spread it out a bit. I had two snacks before lunch (yoghurt and banana) and then split my lunch into two as well! Despite having the second half of my lunch at about 3pm, I was hungry again by the time I left work for home (about 5.30pm). Oh, and I forgot to say that my lunch was exactly the same food that left me feeling stuffed for yesterday's evening meal (I cooked up two lots). I kept myself going on the journey home with a couple of mints and a bottle of Diet Coke.....

After arriving home at about 7pm, I faffed around for a bit and then started cooking. I prepared an old favourite - boiled baby potatoes, a piece of steamed salmon and some mixed vegetables. Tonight, veg consisted of mixed steamed onion and aubergine - with loads of black pepper and a dash of soy sauce (mmm lovely!). Anyway, still starving, I finally sat down to eat at 8.26pm. I remember the exact time because I wanted to make sure I didn't continue eating after 30 minutes - something my provider recommends ("if you haven't finished after 30 minutes, throw it away"). Anyway, it is 8.50pm as I write this.

So, did I eat all of my dinner in such a short time - I hear you ask? No. Actually, I managed about 15% of my meal and had to give up - totally stuffed! In fact I'm feeling slightly sick right now and there's no way I could eat anything more. I am seriously hoping that this fullness will wear off enough in an hour or two so that I can heat my dinner up in the microwave and eat some more - it was so lovely but I hardly had a chance to savour it at all!

WHAT is going on? Hungry all day and yet for the second night running I am having trouble eating my evening meal. Now don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining. Well, not much anyway! I'm not complaining about feeling full - that's what my band is supposed to do. What is confusing me is the lack of consistency. I don't understand how or why it is working like this. Certainly in the past I have felt more restriction in the morning - as many bandits do. But this last two days I seem to be experiencing the opposite.

I'll post a shortie later on this evening to let you know whether I managed to get back to my dinner or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment