Wednesday, August 5, 2009

More excercise in the Alps

Had another long walk today high above the Chamonix valley. Quite tired, though I know nothing like as exhausted as I would have been in the past. It's been a glorious day, weather- wise, but my feet are aching and I know it's time to rest! I've been eating fairly normally while on holiday and expending a lot of energy - and I mean normal as in normal for other people. I think I've been consuming about 2500 calories a day - twice what I normally consume. But I'm also burning around 1500 extra calories a day so while I don't expect to lose any weight this week I don't expect to gain either (watch this space!).

We are eating in tonight and I'm cooking pasta with aubergine, onion and mushroom. I'm having it with some tuna while my carniverous other half is having sausages. I'm eating off a normal plate size and using normal cutlery while I'm here - which is quite strange! I've been testing myself to see if I'm able to leave anything on my plate, something I've always found impossible to do. It's defintely easier when using a big plate but I still have qualms about it!

Not sure what we're doing tomorrow - it's our last good weather day so I guess we should use it to the full - but we're both knackered! I'll let you know what we decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment