Monday, August 3, 2009

Resistance is futile

The weather hasn't been that good here in Chamonix today, with much low lying cloud. It's stayed dry but the visibility up in the mountains would have been poor so we opted for a low level walk. We took a 7 mile route around the towns and villages of Chamonix, Les Bois and Les Tines. It was very pleasant and we did it at a gentle pace. Having said that, by the time we got back we had been walking for about five hours and my legs were beginning to feel the strain!

We are eating in town tonight and I am going to do my best to be 'sensible'! Talking of which, I received one of those long email joke chains from a colleague at work today. It was far too long to read all of it but I read the first couple of items. The first one was from a magazine column written by a ninety year old lady. She had written what she thought were the best 40 lessons she had learned throughout her life. Many of them were very true and very poignant, lessons I wish I could learn very quickly. But one, in particular, caught my eye. It read:

"Chocolate - any attempt at resistance is futile"

Love it!! It's very pertinent because we bought a couple of large bars yesterday - for taking with us into the mountains as emergency rations you understand..... Well we haven't had any emergencies yet but most of my bar has gone already!!!! That's a 90 year old lady who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment