Sunday, August 2, 2009

I'm in the Alps!

......Chamonix in the French Alps to be precise. We are here for a week on our second holiday of the year (yes I know, a bit greedy, but it's been a hard year). We're staying in a lovely apartment which we booked at the last minute and it has beautiful views of the glacier up valley. Our intention this week, is to relax and enjoy ourselves by getting out and about, seeing the sites and doing as much walking as possible! This place truly is a walkers paradise. There are cable cars and other lifts that get you up to the higher plateaux and ridges and you can walk from there. So, doing a long high level walk doesn't necessarily mean having to flog for miles up steep mountain slopes first.

We only arrived yesterday so just went for a gentle walk today - though having said that I've still managed to clock up about 19,000 steps on my pedometer! Although I am trying to be reasonably sensible about what, and how much I eat, I'm not going to be obsessive about it. We are mainly eating out in French restaurants and they are not known for being that vegetarian-friendly, so much of the time I will have to take pot luck! I don't think to need worry too much anyway about calorie intake because I'll be burning plenty of calories this week for sure.

I have a fairly reliable Internet connection so should be able to keep posting and keep you up to date. I hope to include a photo or two in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment