Saturday, August 15, 2009

More wardrobe clearing

The local charity shops are doing well out of me. I had another wardrobe clear-out last night. I did the last one only a couple of months ago and already I have accumulated another big heap of stuff that doesn't fit me anymore. I decided long ago that I wasn't going to be a pessimist and keep any of my 'too big' clothes any more - they're all going. As soon as they're too big - off with them!

I've still kept a couple of large blouses that I could wear in an 'emergency'. Emergency is here defined as a 'posh' event at work or a social activity that requires something smarter than a T-shirt or rugby shirt! Otherwise, there is very little remaining in my wardrobe now that the old me used to wear. I did find a few very old items that used to fit me years ago - and now do again! One was a pair of walking trousers that I actually used today - they're slightly baggy at the crutch but nothing that a good bit of hitching up won't cure! I also found an old favourite waistcoat - I used to be 'into' waistcoats in a big way and could never bring myself to dump this one.

The charity shop will soon be receiving two pairs of Evan's jeans - one brand new and complete with labels! They'll also be getting a couple of blouses and some other tops that now make me look like I've been engulfed in a tent. Talking of which, while playing around with clothes late last night, I reminded my other half that I'd kept one pair of trousers that fitted me when I weighed 20 stone. It's not that I ever expect to need to wear them again - I just thought it would be fun to keep them and see how big they were on me when I'm slim. I tried them on last night - and even I was absolutely horrified at how big I must have been for these to fit me. I could almost thread a hoop through the waistband, dye them yellow and pretend I was a clown! They are gross. But I guess, so was I.

No comments:

Post a Comment