Friday, September 18, 2009

How do I get my head right?

The past couple of weeks I've been struggling somewhat. I don't seem to be able to get my head right. One day I'll be a real goody two shoes and eat healthily, get loads if exercise and go to bed feeling like a saint. The next day I'll start eating in the morning and seemingly will be unable to stop. I'll get little or no exercise, pig out on all sorts of bad stuff and go to bed feeling like a complete failure! I wouldn't mind so much if there was some sort of in between! I just go from one extreme to the other.

Things are really tough at work at the moment and I'm feeling a bit stressed, so I suppose that might be part of it. I'm also still not quite over the constipation I got last week (see 'Eggs is Eggs' post) - I'm therefore feeling a bit naff physically - and that might be part of it as well. The times when I feel best, psychologically speaking, are when I'm in full flow onthe treadmill at the gym, or swimming hard on a Tuesday night. The exercise gets the goodchemicals going in my brain and make ne feel good - so I naturally eat more healthily. I guess that's the difficulty with the band - you have to consciously decide to eat healthy food for it to work but when you're an emotional eater like me, that's easier said than done.

I said a few days ago that I was going to read my notes on emotional eating - but I've been so busy I haven't got around to that yet. It's starting to get more urgent.

No comments:

Post a Comment