Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ring ring....

I weighed myself this morning (nothing new there then!) and the scales told me I'm now 12 stone and 5 lbs! At the time, I thought "this is significant" but it took me some time to figure out why. And then it came to me - that was what I weighed when me and my better half got married 22 years ago!! Well, I got a bit excited but have no fear, I haven't gone as far as trying on my wedding dress! However, it struck me that there was something else I wore back then that might just be worth a try. My rings!

I have a simple gold band wedding ring, plus a gold man's style band ring that I was given when we got engaged. It belonged to my hubby's grandfather and has his initials engraved on a crest. I wore both rings until I started doing a Ph.D - it involved spending hours in a mine engineering lab cutting up rocks and so I stopped wearing the rings for fear of damaging them. By the time I'd moved onto other things I'd put on weight and they no longer fit. As I've lost weight, periodically I've tried them on - to no avail - until now! They fit! They're on my digits as we 'speak'!

So today's a day for ringing in the changes (ha ha)! I'm now at the weight that I was through much of my University years - some I reckon to have been the best in my life. I'm also at the weight I was when I said my vows to the man I still love with all my heart. So it's onwards and upwards (well, downwards as far as weight is concerned!) from here. Ring ring, ring ring, is that the telephone? No, it's my new life calling!

2 comments:

  1. Theresa
    I have just spent nearly two hours reading your blog, from day one, and later. I have a consultation tomorrow with Healthier Weight and was very nervous - was I doing the right thing. I am now convinced I am, if I can achive what you have worked so hard to achive I will be very happy. Thank you for sharing!
    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lizzy,

    Well done for sticking at it for two hours and thanks for reading my blog. I'm glad I unwittingly helped you make up your mind. I really hope the consultation went well and hope that your band journey is completely successful.

    I recommend the UKGastricBand.co.uk forum where you can meet a friendly bunch of people who are so willing to share experiences, advice and tips. There's always someone around to help you.

    All the best, Trees x

    ReplyDelete