Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mmmm luverrly!

I've had a good day food-wise. I'm sticking to my plan of eating when I feel hungry - regardless of what time it is, whether it's official 'meal' time or not. I started out the day with a glass of orange, an actimel drink and a cup of tea. On the way to work (about 9am) I ate a small banana, slowly. This is one of the few foods that I feel going down my oesophagus - every step of the way. I also find bananas really filling. Once at work, I ate some cereal - high fruit Alpen muesli with a little All Bran thrown in. This was about 10am. By noon I was peckish again so went on the prowl for some lunch. I went to my favourite sandwich shop where they make up sandwiches while you wait. I obviously haven't been there for a while because I found out it's under new management. I didn't discover until after she'd put the salad in the bun that the new management don't do cottage cheese anymore! Everything else on offer was either carnivorous or high fat - so I just went for the salad roll. On the way back to my office I popped into the local vegetarian cafe /shop (The Eighth Day in Manchester) and bought some carrot pate to put in my sandwich!! I followed lunch up with some strawberries at about 2pm.

I arrived home about 5pm and soon after had a Weight Watcher's yoghurt. Dinner, at about 8pm, was a Weight Watcher's microwave pasta meal with a piece of salmon I added to it (otherwise it had no protein - tut tut Weight Watcher's!!). That was great, but by 10pm I was feeling peckish again! I decided that I needed a protein boost (there wasn't much in my lunch) so I had some scrambled egg with Rosemary Conley's cheese melted in, on top of a small slice of wholemeal bread. I have to say, this was absolutely delicious and really filled me up. I think it just goes to show that what they say about protein-rich foods filling you up is absolutely true.

My total calorie count for the day is about 1260 which is fine, especially since I have burned off more than 650 calories walking!! When I read back over this report though, it seems on the surface as though I've been eating all day! I'm certainly not sticking to the 'rule' of having three meals a day and no snacking. However, I've tried this and it just doesn't work for me. This regime, however, really does seem to work. Eat when you're hungry - simple. It means that although some days I might eat on several occasions, on other days I might go long periods without eating. Yesterday, for example, I ate my lunch at 1pm and my dinner at 8.30pm - and that was fine - I simply wasn't hungry in between.

So, I'm back to being optimistic about my level of restriction!!! I dunno, talk about roller coaster!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment