Friday, September 4, 2009

Unrecognisable?

A few days ago I passed a colleague in the corridor. I hadn't seem him for several weeks so I gave him a broad smile. He looked right at me but didn't reciprocate. I thought perhaps he was day-dreaming so I said a big "Hello, Tom!" to catch his attention. Then he responded and said a lukewarm 'hi' but looked a little baffled. I thought nothing of it until yesterday when I passed another colleague in the corridor. She was standing talking to another colleague. As I approached them I smiled and said hello, and one colleague responded but the other didn't. She just sort of stared at me. Then she suddenly broke into a big grin and said that she hadn't recognised me!!

Today I saw Tom in the corridor again - and I made some quip along the lines of "we'll have to stop meeting like this". He walked alongside me for a bit and confessed that the other day when he saw me he hadn't recognised me and it wasn't until after he'd walked past that he'd worked out who I was!!!

I know I've changed quite a lot in physical appearance - even my nurse said my 'shape' was competely different now. But I suppose I have had these non-recognition episodes with colleagues moreso because we have all been away so much over the summer that many of us have not actually seen each other for several weeks. I fact, I haven't seen the guy I share a two-person office with since June!!!

Talking of which, my other half has been overseas for the last three weeks. I wonder if he will recognise me when he gets back?????!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment