Thursday, January 29, 2009

Changing scales

My bathroom scales have been acting up a lot lately. I know that if you weigh yourself daily as I do, you're bound to see quite a bit of 'up and down' from one day to the next. But these scales have been bouncing around more than 6-8 pounds in a day! I also weighed seven pounds less on one day and then it shot back up by the same amount the day after. They are very old......... so, I took the plunge and bought some new scales. I've been weighing myself on both of them for the past few days to see how they compare:

Well, basically, the new scales agree with those at the hospital and have me at seven or eight pounds heavier than the old scales - consistently. This means three things:

1. The scales at the hospital apear to have been correct all along. I assumed that they always weighed me heavier because I was wearing clothes and weighing myself later in the day after I had eaten etc.

2. My starting weight was probably 20 stone instead of 19 and-a-half...... I will never know this for certain but it seems very likely.

3. I will have an additional 7 pounds to lose to reach my ultimate target (I'm not too worried about this at the moment because my target weight is still a long way away!).

For the moment, I am going to continue to weigh myself with both sets of scales until I am absolutely certain that the new scales are correct. However, after that, I intend changing my weight loss ticker, weight loss records and graphs to fit with the new scales.

No comments:

Post a Comment