Thursday, January 22, 2009

Searching for that full feeling

Well, I should have been starting on mushy foods today, after my first fill on Monday. However, the mush has been going down so easily that I decided to go back onto solids a couple of days early. I ate some al dente pasta this evening with lightly boiled sprouts and green beans, plus some prawns and mushrooms. I deliberately cooked the vegetables so they were quite hard. I chewed everything well and ate slowly - as per usual. I had absolutely no problem eating it all up. I was full-ish by the time I had finished - but again, no more than usual. in fact, about 45 minutes later, I ate some strawberries with a low fat yoghurt.

So, I think all this shows that the fill I had (5ml in a 10ml band) has not given me much restriction - or at least, not enough to change the good eating habits I have got into over the last 10 weeks. I will be going on a skiing holiday the week after next, but as soon as I return, I will be booking my next fill. Don't get me wrong, I don't think I actually want to be eating significantly less than I am at present - I am still only consuming about 850-950 calories per day. Any less than this would be too much restriction, I believe. However, what I do want is to get that really full feeling when I have eaten my side plate of food. At the moment, I feel fairly full, but not really full! Also, at the moment, I'm feeling quite good and positive about myself - that means I have more strength and willpower to resist eating too much if I only feel slightly full. However, if I get to a point in the future (perhaps brought on by work stress or something), where I don't feel as strong, my good eating habits are likely to go out of the window.

It is for this reason that I am looking for more restriction - not to reduce what I am currently eating - but to make me feel more full on current portions so that the band is doing the work instead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment