Sunday, January 11, 2009

Now I'm only obese......

I just updated my weight loss ticker (click on the link above to go to the site and design your own) and noticed that my BMI has fallen below 35 for the first time. As you can see from the image, it started off above 40, which is officially the awful description 'morbidly obese'. I have then spent much of the post-op period in the 'moderately obese' category (35-40). Now, with my weight at 16 stone 4 pounds, I have fallen below 35 and am only 'obese'. I will have to wait until my BMI falls below 30 to enter the next category, which is 'overweight'. To get to a BMI of 29.9 my weight would have to be exactly 14 stone. If I lose 2 pounds per week (less than I am losing now, but I'd rather be pessimistic than over-optimistic!), then I will reach a BMI of less than 30 in 16 weeks time (that will be the 3rd May!!!)....... watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment