Thursday, January 29, 2009

Frustrated

Yeah, I'm getting frustrated with a lack of 'action' from my band. I posted a week or so ago saying that at last, because I'd had my first fill, I felt like a proper bandit. Unfortunately I spoke too soon. I have just been reading some posts on the UKGastricBand forum from people who have got a good level of restriction, and thinking that because I don't yet have any, I'm still not really 'in their gang'. At one point I was reading about someone who experienced vomiting and pain after getting good restriction - because they hadn't got into the habit of chewing small pieces of food, and eating slowly. I know it sounds daft, but at this moment in time I'd quite like some vomiting and pain!!! I feel as though I have this thing inside me that's supposed to be doing a job - and it isn't doing it. I'm naturally very impatient so I really am getting a bit frustrated now. I have said this before, but I think that if I'd realised back in November, that it could be several months before the band started to work, I just might have had second thoughts....... though probably not, in reality, that's just my emotions talking!

I'm off on my skiiing holiday on Saturday (at last - the knee has healed fine!) so will have a week away without any bathroms or kitchen scales or calorie books. I'm going to be as sensible as I am able, bearing in mind that we have a half board holiday booked and I will be expending a lot of energy. At any rate, I think the activity will quell my frustration for a while. Eight days after our return I have my second fill already booked. I can't wait. I want something to happen - I want to eat something and then feel full. I want to stop feeling hungry - which I have been increasingly over the past couple of weeks (ironically, since I had my first fill). I'll keep you posted as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment