Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

To all bandits (and potential bandits) out there, I wish you all a really healthy, happy and successful new year.

This year, so far, hasn't started out that well for me (because of my knee - see earlier post, and some family medical problems) but nevertheless, I am hopeful that it will be one of the best years of my life (no pressure then!). I am truly looking forward to a year of continued weight loss, increased physical fitness and improved health. If all goes well with the band I should have reached my target weight by the end of the year. Although that thought is tinged with slight anxiety (will it work, will it all go well?) - it is also an extremely exciting thought! I truly hope that the mere thought that I really could reach 10 stone 7 pounds by the end of the year will carry me through the difficult times - I know they will come.

So far, I have been taking things as a series of milestones - the pre-op diet, surgery, the fluid phase, purees, solid foods, my first support group meeting and Christmas. There are quite a few milestones to go - my first fill, subsequent fills, more support group meetings, reaching my 'sweet spot' and dealing with going away and eating out. I also have a number of weigh loss milestones to pass. I've already passed one - I went below 17 stone for the first time in ten years! Another 8 pounds and I will be below 16 stone - amazing!

At present, I am waiting for the next milestone - my first fill on 19th January. This seems like a long way off still, and I know I will find it a struggle hanging on until then. I've been finding it a little more difficult the past few days - probably because I have been a little 'low' about my knee. [The update on my knee is that we almost certainly will have to cancel our ski holiday but are leaving it until tomorrow to make the final decision].

So here's to 2009 - roll on!

No comments:

Post a Comment